Hi.
Miss me?
Been busy, yet haven't had lots to write about. I enjoy writing and I have missed feeling inspired to do so.
SO! Two weeks ago was the last time I went to Weight Watchers. For whatever reason, that was a rough week and I ate and ate and ate (I'm sure none of you know what that is like). I was very happy when I weighed in and didn't gain a pound. Didn't lose a pound either, but that's okay, as I was determined to do better and be back on the losing track.
Except.
My boss (who is one of the very BEST people I know) sent me a text late Wednesday (8/31) night (around 11:30). Let me back up. I am an executive assistant and get to plan meetings for my boss (the CEO) and his executive team at different off-site locations once a quarter. Once a year they go out of town to do these meetings to keep up their creative juices (it's amazing what comes out of these meetings). This year I planned for their meeting in Park City, Utah, at the Stein Ericksen Lodge. They flew up on 8/31, their spouses flew up on 9/1, and the meeting was over on 9/2.
Back to the text late on 8/31. I was already asleep when this came (if you know me at all, I'm an early-to-bed girl), so when I read it the next morning around 5:15, I had to rub my eyes and read and re-read it several times to get the gist of what he was saying.
His text was: "Is there any way you can come up here for the rest of the week? This place is amazing. I want to treat you to an incredible weekend."
I first asked him (seriously) if it was April Fools, then I wanted/needed to be reassured over and over that he was really serious. He was and I have never packed a bag so fast in my entire life, flew up there and true to his promise, it was an INCREDIBLE weekend.
(This was Thursday morning and I get weighed at Weight Watchers on Thursday night. The idea of this trip erased ANY disappointment I felt in realizing if I had lost more weight.)
The lodge itself (http://www.steinlodge.com/accommodations) was beautiful. I was happy just to sit in the room, soak up the beauty and watch TV on the humongous TV in either the family room or the bedroom (you get both when you're in a SUITE). There was a hot tub on the porch and one of the biggest bathtubs you've ever seen in the bathroom. The weather was lovely and it was such a treat to just have the windows open.
On Friday (9/1) I got to meet up with my mom, sister, brother-in-law and 3 nephews at Swiss Days in Midway, Utah. That's a huge craft fair (too huge in my opinion - way too many people there) that's held once a year on Labor Day weekend. It was hot, but not Arizona hot and it was nice being outdoors with those that I love.
My sister came back with me to the hotel to stay the night and both she and I giggled like school girls at the luxury of the place. I felt like a redneck bumpkin the entire time I was there, but I think I gave a lot of those folks a good laugh at my exuberance.
Saturday (9/2) my sister and I went back to the valley. I dropped Cassie off and I went to Mom's and stayed until Monday night.
I got to play with Cassie's kids, have a baby in my lap all through Church (Cassie is a mother of 9 and has 3 babies) and see an older nephew who is staying with my mom while he goes to college.
On Monday Mom let me go into her garden and pick a bunch of stuff for homemade salsa. She should get a job at a UPS store or something and teach people how to pack. Every single one of those vegetables (and there were A LOT) made it back to Arizona safe and sound and not smushed because of Mom's packing job.
Also on Monday (because it was Labor Day, a holiday) my mom, my sister, my brother-in-law, 7 of their 9 children and I all went to Thanksgiving Pointe to walk around and watch the kids play outside on their beautiful grounds. Flowers and green GREEN grass EVERYWHERE. So so lovely. Kids screamed and played and had a ball and it was fun just being with them. I don't get to do that much with this family.
I will be getting weighed at Weight Watchers this Thursday, but I suspect I have gained everything that I lost due to the fact that I ate and ate and ate some of the best food I've ever had there (and, well, frankly at Mom's too - you should taste her pumpkin bread).
I'm okay with this. I had no expectations for this trip because it was planned in five minutes flat. Because of this, there weren't any disappointments and no need to feel rushed or guilt at anything. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and came back rejuvenated unlike any way I ever have been before. I have just started over with the weight thing and continue to make it a priority.
I'm good.
I'm really, REALLY good...
It really was a GREAT weekend!!! Thanks for spending so much time with my kids, they really enjoyed your visit!!!
ReplyDelete