Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hugs.

I have been in bed, literally, for two days. I've had a migraine both of those days and today I had a flu bug of sorts. AS a result, I have slept more than I've been awake. I finally feel better this evening (it's 9:30 p.m. Arizona time) and though right now is my bedtime (in fact PAST my bedtime - yes I'm OLD), I am more wide awake than I've been in the last 48 hours.

I've been wanting to write about hugs for a while. I grew up in a very loving, yet non-demonstrative home. We didn't really hug or kiss each other. We knew without any doubt whatsoever that we were loved and cherished, we just didn't show it or was really shown it.

I was never much of a hugger myself, that is until I moved to Utah and realized part of the by-laws of living there is you must become a hugger. Everyone hugs there. It was hard to get used to and I thought at the time I left Utah that I never really got used to it. But then I moved back home to Arizona and found I hugged rather easily. So it stuck.

I'm so glad it did. I love to hug and I love to be hugged. Any kind of hug is nice, but the best kind is the all-encompassing hug where my arms are fully around the person and their arms are fully around me. The kind of hug that means business.

Nothing, and I really believe that NOTHING physically comforts better than a full blown hug.

I guess I'm writing this to you to tell you I'm going become an even better hugger. I have a nephew who is on a mission right now in Fresno, California. He needs to teach classes on the proper way to hug because man alive, you KNOW he loves you and cares about you and has compassion for you just through his hugs. That really says a lot.

I want people to feel that same way when I hug them. I don't take kissing lightly (sigh, six or so years and counting) and I definitely don't take hugs lightly, but they're easier to give to more than someone you're really in to (ahem).

I love my family, my friends, my associates, my boss, his family, my company, my ward, my home teachers, my visiting teachers and just about anyone that I get to spend time with. I love easily, and that's a blessing for me. Now let me hug this love to you.

Watch out! Huggy Tara is on the loose!

No comments:

Post a Comment