Sigh.
I knew the last couple of weeks' worth of meltdowns were gonna make me pay.
They did, in the form of gaining 2.2 pounds according to the Weight Watchers scale that I stood on last night.
But that hasn't got me down. In fact this morning one of those pounds has already left and it's all downhill (in a good way) from here on out.
It's been interesting, to say the least, how people have reacted to this new, no-holds-barred me - sharing EVERYTHING. I was pretty much that way anyway, but this little tiny issue of a chemical imbalance is one that still makes people uncomfortable. Most are cool and talk easily about it with me, and even some that I don't know that well are reading this and responding in such a lovely way (got a HUGE hug from a sweet co-worker this morning - out of the blue and nothing was said).
Then there are some people (who really surprise me) who don't seem to know how to deal with me dealing with this stuff. People I thought I was close to.
Those sting a little.
I guess I shouldn't say "I thought I was close to." I'm still close to them, just not really talking about this "stuff." I have to filter myself, or at least not let it be about me when we're visiting, which everything shouldn't be about me anyway.
I'm feeling like I'm not making much sense here. Just spewing words, frustrations and reactions... Not needing affirmations from you readers out there. Just emptying my brain of thoughts that have been building up for a while.
Happy Friday ya'll!
I for one think it's FANTASTIC that you're being so open about depression. The less people "hide" it and or tip toe around it, the better it will be. So, you go girl!
ReplyDelete