Monday, September 12, 2011

Loss.

It's been a few days since I last wrote, and in that time, I lost another two pounds. I am .4 pounds away from my first 10. Kind of a big deal for me. Never been a fan of dieting and losing was never important to me. Odd isn't it?

Yesterday at Church, the opening hymn was "I Need Thee Every Hour" and since I'm the Ward Chorister, I stand up front of everyone and direct the music.

Because yesterday was the 10th anniversary of September 11 and I spent all morning watching programs of that tragic day, as well as given the fact that this song is one that we sang at my dad's funeral two years ago, I stood up there and cried while directing the song. I didn't sing. I couldn't. I could smile through the tears though, and that's what I did.

I miss my dad.

Something happened today that honestly hasn't happened in a really long time. I didn't realize I missed hearing it until it happened. I was complimented, by a good looking male (he's married with 2.5 kids - don't get excited). He walked by me at work and said he wanted to say something earlier, but didn't want to embarrass me in front of the others as we were chatting, but that he thought I looked real pretty today and he wanted to ensure I knew that.

Talk about a loss for words. I didn't know how to respond or what to say, which I think is what he preferred. I have to be honest - it brings tears to my eyes now as I'm writing this to realize I haven't heard a compliment on my looks in I don't know how long. I also didn't realize I needed to hear one.

Please take this kind gentleman's example and compliment. Compliment strangers and loved ones and kids and adults and any time you think of a nice thing about someone, say it out loud. Bret, you made my day and I dedicate this blog post to you.

1 comment:

  1. Tara--you keep working it, one pound at a time. Really excited for you and your progress. I think you're literally "glowing" a lot more these days.

    ReplyDelete