Monday, September 19, 2011

Burdens.

Weight update: lost 1.4 more pounds, for a total of 11 so far...

Now on to the blog post:

Lately, there have been a few of my acquaintances/friends that have had some major, life-altering events happen to them. Things that I would love to speak with them and/or close friends about just to make sense of the injustice. That's how I work things out - I talk about it and that helps with the grumps or sadness or injustice or depressions.

I have not been given permission to share any information with anyone and I have to say, knowing what I know really brings me down. I have talked a little bit about these instances with my boss, who has such great wisdom and insight. But he's the CEO of a fast-growing company and I don't like to take his time with clearing out my head. Don't get me wrong - he's always willing to talk, but I also know he's always so, so busy.

I'm grateful I have the ability to pray to a loving Heavenly Father. I lay my burdens at His feet continuously, but because these "burdens" aren't necessarily MY burdens, just burdens of people that I care about, I pray for them and I pray for me and I still feel sad. I think that's the human part of having a spiritual life. And probably the depression part of having a human experience.

I'm trying to make this more of a spiritual life with human experiences rather than a human life with spiritual experiences. It's a big difference to me when I'm able to switch those things around. I'm much happier and content and in tune to those around me.

I feel like I'm in tune to these people that are struggling and it's so painful. Maybe I'm writing this out to call on those of you who pray to pray for Tara's friends who are struggling. I'm a HUGE advocate of the power of prayer and feel the more prayers said on behalf of someone the better that someone will feel and/or the situation will become. I also know that the Lord knows who I (and ultimately you) am/are talking about without naming names.

Will you pray on behalf of these friends of mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment