Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Woops!

Ruh roh.

I've been forgetting to blog.

It's an honest mistake. I genuinely just forgot.

I guess it's 'cause I'm not Donna Downer right now. I dunno why. I'm just good. And happy. And my FAVORITE holiday of the year is right around the corner. And a good majority of my family is coming for said holiday. THANKSGIVING! A food lover's paradise!

Um, oh, speaking of which, I lost 2.2 pounds last week. I'm down 11 pounds again. So funny, 'cause the week before when I got weighed, I had GAINED 2.2 pounds. Crazy that it was the same number. Anxious to get weighed on Thursday. I've been good, so I hope it shows on the scale!

This last weekend I was able to go to a resort in Scottsdale/Cave Creek. I book meetings for my boss and his executive team and had booked a 2-day meeting there once. Because of that I was on a VIP list and they invited me to come and stay October 7-9, all room and food charges were covered and two 50-minute spa treatments included as well as a $200 resort credit.

Um, yes please.

So I brought my pal Jen for her birthday (happy birthday tomorrow JB) and we had a most lovely time. The weather cooperated too. We had the sliding glass doors open the entire time we were in the room, except when we slept (I'm rather paranoid and didn't like the idea of an open door that a boogey man could get us - yes, Jen did laugh at me but was very accommodating). The weather was GORGEOUS. Both of us got facials and I went one step further and got acupuncture. Jury is still out on that, though I think I would like to study up on it more and have it done again.

On Sunday we checked out of the resort and went to a random ward in Scottsdale. Fun to know that the ward we went to that we knew no one was as friendly and kind as the ward both of us go to who do know us. It was a nice service that ended the weekend on a perfect note.

That's it I 'spose. Good couple of weeks. This one seems to be doing fairly well too.

How are the rest of ya? Please share...

1 comment:

  1. FUN! Nothing better than FREE spa treatments and fancy resort stays. It's been a LONG time since I've enjoyed such things, but I do know the joy of it all. Yay for you for getting a weekend of relaxation and contentment.
    So glad you're feeling happy these last couple weeks, nothin wrong with that at all.

    ReplyDelete