Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Two Weeks Later...

Yesterday was my 2-week "anniversary" of losing my job.

I've had MANY ups and downs, some on the same day, some in the same week. All fairly extreme (high of highs and low of lows).

Most of the lows are just me being sad. I'm sad to not get to go to work any more. I'm sad that I don't get to work with those that I care so much about. I'm sad my boss felt I was replaceable. I'm sad I will no longer be a part of a company that is growing and changing and making a difference in people's lives (both employees and customers).

I'm happy for the way my boss treated me all of these years. I had a wake up call of sorts yesterday when I realized how much he has truly blessed my life and I needed to thank him for that.

(My email surprised him I think.)

I'm happy for the concern and love and support that I am receiving from SO MANY PEOPLE - family, close friends, lots of employees from the company I just left, my lovely visiting teachers, my bishop, etc. I am loved. I always knew that I am loved, but it takes a personal tragedy of sorts for me to really see it. I need to work on that.

I have some things in the works. I will get to help some friends get their new business off the ground. They can't afford my regular going rate, but they can afford me on a part-time basis just to get them going. I love being able to do that. I have another possible job that will be life changing. I don't want to say much about it right now because I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch (Mom, did that saying come from you?!?).

I have always been such a TV head. Since that life altering event happened two weeks ago, I have found solace in sitting in my quiet house, the TV is turned off and I just think and ponder. I love to read but haven't picked up a book since I was let go. I'm enjoying the somewhat lack of media in my life right now.

Yes, I'm on a laptop a lot, but it's been a good change.

I posted a saying on my Facebook yesterday that has become something I plan on saying to myself several times a day:

Sometimes you have to stop worrying, wondering, and doubting. Have faith that things will work out, maybe not how you planned, but just how it's meant to be.

I have faith that I will be okay. Life is still quite up in the air right now, but I will be okay because someone, someday is gonna realize how worth it I am to make an investment in.

I. Am. Worth. It.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if while you are finding just the right place for you to settle in again for full-time employment...you could get into an lds public speaking circuit. I know there are groups out there that make it easier to get your name out there. That could be a nice part time thing. You may not feel that this is your forte, but people need what you have to say and you would be great. This may be the same as airing your "dirty laundry" on a blog BUT it could be something to think about. I am rooting for your Tara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shocked hardly describes my reaction when I read that you had been "let go!" Wow!!! I was always so thrilled that you loved your job so much. Not everyone can say that. I appreciate your reaction to your boss's reasoning. I just hope he isn't sorry some day down the line! I do know that when one door closes, the Lord will open a window somewhere else and POUR out blessings upon you. Glad you got to go to Hawaii anyway! :) Do keep us posted on your new endedavours... You are worth it and will be awesome for whoever hires your services and sunny smile! :) Love ya, Tara!

    ReplyDelete