Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happenings...

So my last post was about a meeting, not necessarily an interview. It turned into an interview and a very good one.

I met with an attorney who, along with his two partners, has a law practice that deals in business, estate and tax planning. They have Infusionsoft and they need to have someone learn it and run their business out of it. They want to build up their business, not just practicing law.

That's where I come in.

The attorney said if I were anyone other than the assistant to the CEO at specifically Infusionsoft, he wouldn't have given me the time of day. Because of where I came from and my specific abilities, he is interested.

I am meeting with him and his wife today for lunch to discuss and "pass" a second interview.

I'm excited and nervous. Excited because I will still be in the Infusionsoft world and getting to know new people, challenging myself, and working at a new place/new location. I'm nervous because it's working with people I've never worked with before (new personalities) and doing things I've never done before (working in the software - being the EA to the CEO at Infusionsoft didn't mean I worked IN the software, so there will be a learning curve here), as well as learning a new industry (the law).

I'm also nervous because, for this past week and all next week, I've been working with a team of guys who used to work with me at Infusionsoft. I love these fellas and it's been so fun being the momma bear again. It's so similar to how things were when I started at Infusionsoft. I was employee #7 there and here I'm the same - employee #7 if they were to hire me. I love the small business atmosphere and again, I love these guys. They are like brothers to me and it's a very familial environment.

But because they are a new small business, having someone like me (an executive assistant and/or office manager) is a luxury, at least initially, and my salary is not in their budget.

So we'll see. I'm excited at the prospect of working full time again. This week has been so great being on a schedule. I love my life on a schedule, so it can allow for fun spontaneity to happen. When one isn't on a schedule, it's hard to find spontaneous moments.

Anyway, I'm sorta babbling here. Just nervous/excited energy and I wanted to update my peeps.

By the way, THANK YOU for being MY peeps. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment