Sunday, March 18, 2012

1 Month

This week it will be one month since I lost my job and part of my family.

I've had a lot of time thinking and wondering and pondering all that has happened.

I've heard many, MANY opinions on how I was let go, the fact that I was let go after so many years, etc. and I appreciate the passion people feel towards this subject.

I've had a ton of advice on how to apply to different positions, people telling me I made too much money at Infusionsoft and need to lower my price point. I agreed with them, until I had time to realize that I'm valuable and I was not overpaid and that I deserve and work hard for any money that I make or made and saying I was overpaid is undervaluing me and my skills and abilities.

I've had a few people contact me for part-time work. I'm so grateful for the fact that they value me enough to want to pay me to help them out (which in turn helps me out), even though they aren't able to afford me full time (yet).

I've had countless emails from my dear friends and family, wanting to help me any way they possibly can. I can't believe how blessed I've been throughout the years in the people that I have met and have been able to call my friends. It's overwhelming.

I was able to go to Utah last week and visit with my family who lives there. It was nice to clear my head and enjoy the scenery and my time with family that I don't get to see enough of. It helped tremendously, because as I was driving home yesterday, I was excited to get busy and find my new family.

One month ago, my life changed. Funnily enough, when I started out 2012, a friend of mine challenged me to name a word that I wanted to dedicate to 2012. You know what word I picked?

CHANGE.

No comments:

Post a Comment