Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pathetic!

1.2 more pounds down equaling 12.2. It's funny to me how important that .2 is. 12.2 is SO MUCH BETTER than just 12 pounds. I'm getting weighed tomorrow and will return and report.

Now on to my pathetic-ness. In my personal prayers, I have been praying for the strength and desire and desire and desire to get my big bum moving - like in an exercise fashion. I have a treadmill that I purchased, oh, 18 months or so ago, and it sits in my music room, mocking me and teasing "my" kids to play on it and do naughty things to it to render it useless to me.

Ah, but this treadmill is tough and has survived, though it still enjoys mocking me by just staring and staring and staring at me as I watch my TV shows at night in my comfy chair.

Okay, so I gave in to said treadmill yesterday morning, when I found myself wide awake at 4:30 a.m., without the ability to go back to sleep, though I still had about an hour and a half before I REALLY had to be awake. This has happened before (I'm an early-to-bedder and when my body has had enough sleep, well, it likes to wake up) and when it has, I just pull my trusty phone onto my pillow and I look/answer emails, look at all the new Twitter and Facebook posts that have happened overnight, turn on my TV to watch the morning news, all kinds of slackering.

ANYWAY, I actually got my big booty outta that comfy bed of mine (it really is comfy, marry me and you can find out how much) and marched myself right on to that treadmill. I turned my iTunes up way loud and walked to those bee-bopping beats for a solid 20 minutes.

That's really not a whole lot for those of you who exercise with the best of them, but considering I haven't exercised in a right long time, and even when I did prior, I didn't do it long enough to stick, so honestly it's been YEARS since I've seriously exercised.

I hate sweating. Always have.

Anyway, I felt pretty good and got an early start getting ready and felt jazzed for most of the day yesterday, until the muscle aches and pains started.

Today I can hardly move. Every time I get up from my desk, I have to take a few tentative steps before I work out the kinks and the pains I'm feeling is very visible on my face.

I'm PATHETIC. I'm not being too hard on myself this time. I know I tend to do that, but this is just pathetic and I need to busta move.

If only I could walk to do so...

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better at all, Dixie is STILL sore every time she works out. And even when I was a regular exercising diva, doing triathlons, still sore. It's just part of the game. Sure, certain things make you more sore than others, but soreness is just part of the gig. Of course, you probably are rather sore, as your body hasn't seen exercise for so long. Just don't give up. Go with that pain and keep moving. It gets better and better. I promise.

    ReplyDelete