Well, I went to my audition. It was at 8:30 p.m. on a Friday night. Such an inconvenient time, but my assigned time nonetheless, so I went. And before I even had a chance to fill out paperwork I was told I could not audition unless I brought a man with me to audition for the men's section.
This was not conveyed to me in any way prior to me arriving there, though they had my phone number and my email address. Their parting remark to me was to not be discouraged, that I can audition again on Wednesday, August 24, as long as I have a man with me. I turned around and left and have decided to figure something else out besides EVMCO. They were highly unprofessional and hearing from many others, I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Their loss.
I let them know as much too. I'm a non-confrontational girl yet I replied to their email letting them know how unhappy I was at their lack of professionalism in this whole matter. I was firm but not rude. But I suspect they won't be inviting me back any time soon.
Back to singing at the top of my lungs in my car. Not such a bad thing really...
That is so lame I dont even know what to say! Seriously, I started writing a comment but it just sounded too mean! :) Lame is a great way to put it but not strong enough! Sounds like it was a good thing it didnt work out though - could have been a not so fun place to hang out if they are that bad about their auditions! Sorry Tara!
ReplyDelete