Friday, August 19, 2016

Down Days.

Ever had down days?  If not, I encourage them greatly.

I don't mean down like being depressed and down.  I mean days that I used to call lazy days, but instead now refer to them as down days.

Today was one of those days.

Jason and I have been in Albuquerque, NM for a laboratory installation job since August 9, and we will be here until August 24.  He has worked six days a week since we've been here.  Today is a Friday and there isn't anything else to do on the job until Monday when more parts come, so today I encouraged him to do a down day.

He was able to get a lot of things done, both professionally and personally.  He got a bunch of quotes worked on, answered emails, took a soak in the hot tub then went swimming with me, and then we both took a nap - a gloriously long nap.  After we woke, he went back to looking at You-Tube videos (something he loves to do and you would be amazed [or bored] out of your mind at what he finds to be entertainment).  I made sandwiches for dinner (we have a fridge and microwave in our hotel room) and he's back in the hot tub.

A perfectly perfect down day that recharges batteries, loosens up achy backs, gives us a good dosage of Vitamin D and just a day spent together.  Not a whole lot of talking, just laying low for the day with each other

If you haven't tried it I could not recommend it enough.

Today was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment