Wishes are not tangible. Spit is. I understand the message there. But wishing is so much more of a part of my life than spitting in my hand (eew, gross). There are so many things/situations I wish for these days. They are filling my head up and honestly bringing me down a bit:
- I wish I was someone that an employer absolutely had to have, no matter the cost.
- I wish my dad were alive. I sure could have used and continue to use his wisdom today.
- I wish my out-of-state family lived closer to me. My family has always brought me comfort.
- I wish I could enjoy Arizona's awesome monsoon season. It hurts me too much.
- I wish I had a special someone to lean on, love, and serve.
- I wish I was able to live without money.
- I wish I could take each of my nieces/nephews on 1:1 vacations.
- I wish I didn't cry so dang much.
- I wish I had Kaylynn's metabolism.
- I wish I didn't have Tara's appetite.
- I wish for my marriageable-aged nieces/nephews to find their love and marry them for eternity sooner rather than later.
- I wish to go on an office mission and share my talents doing the Lord's work.
- I wish I wasn't in debt in order to make this happen.
- I wish I were more of a leader rather than a drifter.
- I wish I could figure out what to put on the red wall behind my TV.
- I wish I were a better visiting teacher.
- I wish I were a better friend.
- I wish I didn't like pizza so much.
- I wish I did like veggies a whole lot more.
- I wish for more good surprises in my life. Not these bad ones that seem to keep happening.
- I wish I could keep my problems in perspective - realizing people are suffering so much more than me.
- I wish I didn't have to find another job - I was just getting into a great groove at my current one.
- I wish I could travel more (other than to Utah, Colorado and California).
- I wish I were truly happy being alone.
- I wish bugs/spiders/insects didn't completely wig me out.
- I wish these damn headaches would really go away.
- I wish I knew how to serve others better. I'm way too caught up in my own issues...
- I wish to love again.
Wish in one hand. Spit in the other. See which one fills up first.
Time to work on making wishes more tangible I 'spose...
I Love this quote by Elder Holland...
ReplyDeleteGod is anxiously waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe.”
― Jeffrey R. Holland
Your prayers will be answered, I believe that with all my heart!! Just keep wishing (dreaming)!!!
Love you!