I tossed and turned a bit last night after posting my blog. I feel I need to clarify some things.
I am not in a deep depression. I am sad for my friends (and lack of one), but it hasn't sunk me to levels that depression has in the past. I'm feeling really good and "up" these days and haven't felt that tug to go deep. I was (and am) just sad over these circumstances.
I am also not a private person at all. You wouldn't be reading this if you didn't know that. I don't understand (honestly and truly and sincerely) the need to keep things so private. I feel the more people know about circumstances, etc., the more people are rooting for you through whatever way that's comfortable to them (i.e., prayer, kind words, counseling, etc.). When I say I'm a big fat blabbermouth, it's because people have told me things that are sad or concerning and I would share tidbits to other concerned individuals that I feel would "help" (again in their own way) the other individual.
And from a purely selfish standpoint, some things shared with me are so sad or exciting or heartbreaking that keeping it to myself is a little detrimental. I overthink/over-obsess about everything when it stays in my head. I think I've established that here.
Not trying to excuse myself, just trying to explain my thought process.
I know it's not up to me to decide this and have had a couple of instances where it has really bitten me in the behind. I am working on it and hope and pray that those who know/love/like me still feel like I can be trusted.
I work for the CEO of our company. There are many, many things he tells me or that I see that must be kept confidential due to the nature of my job. And it's not hard. I do it all the time and in my professional career, have been doing that for well over 20 years.
I CAN AND DO KEEP CONFIDENCES. I just had to let you know. Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment