Friday, June 22, 2012

Love.

I am in love.

Most of you know this, as I'm not shy in sharing it on Facebook (sorry Mom).  Let's start at the very beginning...

(You have that song in your mind now, don't you?)

Back in 1987, I was in a seminary class with Brother Noble.  A fella by the name of Jim Merrell sat near me and noticed me due to the fact that I told another fella to quit being a jerk (or something of that nature).

Fast forward 23 years, when Jim Merrell sent a Facebook friend request to me.  I remembered him and for this reason, accepted said request (I usually don't accept requests from people I don't know or don't remember - learned that lesson the hard way).

Slow forward one more year, and Jim Merrell was admonished by his bishop to start dating.

This is when things got fun.

Jim sent me an email through Facebook stating, "Ok, it has been years since I did this. I know you probably do not remember me.  I took myself out of the dating scene years ago, but I am wondering, would you be interested in going out on a date with me this Saturday evening, or next weekend?"

I told him I was available either weekend and offered him my cell number and regular email address.  He called me the next day to confirm plans, and a date was set.

Because I live in south Egypt (San Tan Valley) and he lives in Scottsdale, we decided to meet at Superstition Springs area and then went to dinner together from there.

That's when the talking and sharing and laughing started.  That date lasted four hours, and all we did was talk.

And since June 9, he and I have only missed one day of not seeing each other.  And every time we see each other, we talk and share and laugh some more.

I love him.  On a level that is so much deeper than anything I have ever shared with anyone.  Ever.

And man alive, I AM HAPPY.

8 comments:

  1. That is so great! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, thanks for sharing. Love is in the air and you caught it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara - I haven't known as long as most of your friend, but we have been through a lot together over the last 6.5 years, all of which I will keep private :-)...I am so, so happy for you. I knew in my heart of hearts that God was saving someone for you. I wish you all of the happiness! Love ya friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was supposed to say friends...not friend.

      Delete
  4. Best darn feeling in the world! So glad you've caught the love bug - you deserve it, Tara!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rooting for you all the way! So nice that you knew him from years ago and reconnected again! :) Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so fun to read this and so great to see you so happy! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete